Private Sessions for Yoga, Relationships, and Stress Management with Julie
I love to work one-on-one with folks on their physical, emotional, and social wellness. The body is connected to the mind and heart, and all these things are greatly affected by our relationships with our loved ones and our communities. Working on our stress management and relationships through yoga, meditation, and/or mindfulness can be a wonderful way to improve all three of these layers in our lives, helping us feel calmer, happier, more present, and more connected with our own bodies as well as the people we love in our lives. Private sessions can be focused on the physical yoga practice, but can also be mostly conversation-based if the focus is more on stress management and relationship skills. Sessions can also be a combination of both depending on your individual needs.
Private sessions are for:
- Beginners who want to start a practice that will help reduce stress and feel better in their bodies
- People working with chronic pain, stress, anxiety, or limitations that might make group classes challenging
- Yoga practitioners who want to work more deeply and understand how the practice can best serve their individual needs physically and/or emotionally
- Small groups or couples that want to work privately together
- Anyone who wants to improve their stress management skills at work, in life, and in relationships for a calmer, happier, more connected day-to-day life
Private sessions may include any of the following:
- Regular one-on-one sessions on a schedule of your choosing (weekly, biweekly, or monthly tend to work best) at your home, my home, or Ocean and Crow Yoga studio on Commercial Drive
- Confidential, non-judgmental support and listening for whatever is going on in your life
- A deeper understanding of how yoga and mindfulness practices can work for your individual body and your life
- Meditation, focus, and breathing practices
- hands-on assists and adjustments specific to your body and practice to enhance the learning and healing effects of the yoga
- take-home routines and practices developed specifically for you as needed
- additional resources in the form of articles, audio yoga classes, and other information depending on your needs and goals
These sessions will be co-created with you depending on what your goals and interests are. Please email oceanandcrow @ gmail.com or call 778-706-8805 to see if private sessions with Julie are a good fit for you.
Single session: $120+tax
Package Investment of Five Sessions: $540 plus tax (Save $40 if paid in full up front).
Register here: https://oceanandcrow.pike13.com/pack_products/456448
Payment Plan: 4 payments of $145 plus tax (includes processing fees)
*I offer a subsidized course of sessions to one person per season at $90/session for a minimum of three and a maximum of 10 sessions. Email oceanandcrow @ gmail.com to apply*
Julie Peters, MA, E-RYT 500, has been practicing yoga for over 20 years, and it has seen her through an anxiety disorder, an eating disorder, several injuries, and many ups and downs along the way. She has been teaching yoga for nearly a decade and runs Ocean and Crow Yoga studio on Commercial Drive with her mom, Jane. She has trained extensively in various styles of yoga including Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, and Restorative, and has also studied counseling skills, trauma-sensitive practices, and therapeutic modalities like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. She also has a masters in English Literature from McGill University and writes about yoga and mindfulness for Spirituality and Health Magazine. Her first book, Secrets of the Eternal Moon Phase Goddesses: Meditations on Desire, Relationships, and the Art of Being Broken (SkyLight Paths), was published in 2016.