How to Make a Living as a Yoga Teacher Audio Course: Ten Principles for Creating a Sustainable Career –and Feeling Good About It!
Listen to the introductory lesson right now on us!:
Register here: https://oceanandcrow.pike13.com/pack_products/498637
“Julie’s How to Make a Living as a Yoga teacher course is one of the best I’ve come across. She delivers her valuable teachings which are steeped in her personal and professional experience with depth and ease. Julie reminds us that there is room for each unique voice and offering and that business and Yoga needn’t be at odds with one another.” ~NM
“I found Julie’s How to Make a Living as a Yoga Teacher course inspiring and empowering. I feel a greater sense of confidence in my value as a new yoga teacher, and a greater sense of control in how to make this new career path work for me.” — Magda S.
So many excellent new and established yoga teachers are out there working so hard for very little pay. Yoga teaching is full of fantastic possibilities–but it can also be overwhelming to figure out how to make enough money to live well, pay your rent, and feel good about what you are doing.
Not to worry! It is possible to create a sustainable career doing what you really love without burning out. In each lesson of this extremely honest, very practical audio course from Julie Peters (who’s been there!), you’ll learn ten principles for making your career work–and feeling good about it. You’ll consider how your unique skills and background can help you choose from the many paths open to you in this industry. You’ll learn how to properly explain what you do, draw the right students to you, market your offerings in a way that feels natural, and figure out how to price your offerings so you’re being paid appropriately. You’ll learn to work smarter, not harder, build a meaningful career doing what you love, and figure out how to carve out space for rest, self-care, and fun times when you’re not working!
Each downloadable lesson is a 10-20 minute exploration of one of the ten principles that you can listen to on your own time, on any device, at any pace you like. The course also comes with a PDF with detailed notes for reference. All you need is a (free) Dropbox account to access the files. You’ll have the course forever, so you can return to the lessons as you need them and as your career grows.
This course is for new yoga teachers as well as more established teachers who want to start working less, making more, and feeling better about their career.
If you need financial assistance for this course, please email email@example.com to inquire.
When you register you will be added to the Dropbox folder within 24 hours of your registration.
Julie Peters (MA, E-RYT 500) has been teaching yoga for nearly a decade and running her small yoga studio Ocean and Crow Yoga for most of that time. She has taught in yoga studios, gyms, corporate lunchrooms, yoga expos, and on her living room floor. She has seen many yoga teachers come through her yoga studio and yoga teacher trainings, and she’s seen and experienced the burnout over and over again. Throughout many experiments, lots of help, and plenty of mistakes, Julie has so much to share about how to make a living as a yoga teacher, even in a competitive market like Vancouver.
- The many paths you could take as a yoga teacher and the best ones for you
- How to identify your core message and the values that will drive your career
- How to create titles and descriptions that get the right people into your classes
- Ways to work with smaller groups on a more intimate and rewarding levels
- Tips and tools for pricing your offerings so that you’re paid well but can also make space for assistance
- Marketing tips for social media, newsletters, websites, and other tools
- How to create boundaries around what you do so that you don’t burn out
- How to work smarter so that you’re containing your work and energy and avoiding burnout
- Ways to stand out by being honest about who you already are
- Best practices for complimentary offerings
- How to be your own best boss, even if you’re the only employee
- Using timing to create promotional opportunities
- How to step out of competition and into collaboration
- and more!
Lesson 1: Know Why You Are Doing This
Lesson 2: Being the Boss of You
Lesson 3: Getting Right With Your Relationship with Money
Lesson 4: Get Really Good at Explaining What You Do
Lesson 5: A Few High-Value Clients is Always Better Than Many Low-Value Clients
Lesson 6: Putting Gates in Place
Lesson 7: The Career Stream
Lesson 8: Always Have Something to Invite People To
Lesson 9: Use Timing To Your Advantage
Lesson 10: Policies (For Work and Life)
This course is for:
- New yoga teachers who want to learn how this career could work
- Established teachers who want to make their career work better for them
- Freelancers in related fields such as teaching dance or qi gong or anything that requires self-sustaining work doing what you’re passionate about
- Teachers who have experienced burnout and want to feel passionate about their work again
- Teachers who are considering opening their own yoga studio (though the detail is more focused on single freelancers)
- People who want to work from an honest place offering something they really care about
- People who are willing to develop relationships with their students and build a career on deep roots rather than scattered seeds
- Teachers who are willing to create something beyond drop-in classes and create deep and unique offerings
- People who are willing to do the work necessary to make full-time teaching a reality, which includes things like setting up a website and Facebook marketing
- People who are ready to do what they love for a living and drop that day job!
Register now: https://oceanandcrow.pike13.com/pack_products/498637